11905 02-Apr-2019, Tue
Under PMKVY (2015-16)
- 13,000 training centers opened across India Training in 375 trades.
- 19.85 Lakh youth trained part of PMKVY (2015-2016) (updated)
Placement was not a feature of PMKVY 1, neither was it tracked. The number mentioned is record of voluntary information shared by TPs and thus shouldn’t be counted as an achievement.
Under PMKVY -2 (2016-20)
- More than 5,700 training centres opened across India
- More than 16 lakh candidates trained
- Model training centres known as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKK) are being opened in every district across India
- Physical target of 20.5 lakh approved for 35 states/UT costing to INR 3000 crore till 2020
- 6.01 lakh training to be implemented through state/UTs by March’18
- Additional target of 20 lakh allocated for enrolment and training by training providers
- Women constitute approx. 50% of all enrolled candidates under PMKVY